We are following all CDC Guidelines for patient and staff protection against COVID-19 Please read the following new policy for the office of Frank W. Shagets, M.D. Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 Patient appointments are temporarily limited based on CDC guidelines. Please do not ask for exceptions at this time. Patients will be prescreened via a phone call prior to your appointment and again when you arrive. Be sure to bring your completed paperwork that was mailed to you, to your appointment. If you need assistance completing paperwork, call the office prior to your appointment. If completed paperwork is not with you, you will have to reschedule your appointment. Please bring your own personal hand sanitizer and Kleenex for your use. Bathrooms are closed. Please void prior to your appointment at home, as facilities are not currently available for your use.
- When you park, please remain in your car and call (417) 623-5111 to notify our office you have arrived, provide the receptionist with your cell phone number.
- If you do not have a cell phone, please notify our office at the door.
- We will call you when it is time to enter the building (East door entrance) and start your prescreening process.
We ask that you come into your appointment alone and all visitors remain in the car. Your temperature will be taken. You will be asked the following:
- If you or anyone you have had contact with, have be diagnosed with COVID-19?
- If you or anyone you have had contact with has experienced a temperature of 100.4 or higher, upper respiratory issues or cough within the last 14 days?
- If in the last 14 days, you or anyone you have had contact with traveled outside the 4-state area? (Depending on your area of travel or exposure this may affect your appointment.)
Office phones will be answered 8am - noon. If you call outside of those hours, please leave a message and all calls will be answered within 24 hours. The office will remain closed to all entries other than necessary patient appointments. Please do not be alarmed if you see staff in protective equipment, this is simply for patient and staff safety in our efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus. CDC recommended hygiene
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing - keeping 6 feet between you and other individuals.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
For more information please visit CDC.gov.