A mini face lift is a modified version of the traditional face lift that specifically addresses sagging skin around the chin and jaw, rather than the entire face. Because it is so much less invasive than the traditional option, it is often recommended to patients who are dissatisfied only with specific areas of their face.
Dr. Frank Shagets performs this cosmetic surgery in Joplin, MO, where he has worked as a surgeon since 1988. He provides attentive and artistic care at his fully accredited surgical center, the only one of its kind in the four state area.
Benefits of a Mini Facelift
A mini face lift is one of the most popular plastic surgeries performed because it addresses many of the most prominent signs of aging in men and women. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and begins to noticeably hang near our neck. The results can leave you looking much older than you actually are.
Patients who undergo a mini facelift can benefit from:
- Customized treatment: Dr. Shagets will work to address your unique cosmetic needs. During your consultation at our Joplin office, he will carefully examine your face and neck to determine which areas can benefit from surgery. His final recommendation will be based both on this medical examination and your personal aesthetic goals.
- Younger-looking appearance: A mini facelift can address wrinkles, sagging jowls, fatty deposits, and sagging skin. By modifying or eliminating these features, you may be left looking significantly younger.
- Minimal scarring: Dr. Shagets will strategically place incisions along your hairline, around your ears, and within the natural lines of your face so scarring will be minimal and virtually unnoticeable.
- Minimal side effects: Because a mini face lift requires less surgery than a full face lift, the recovery timeline is much shorter. Most patients experience minor bruising, tenderness, and swelling in the days after surgery, but can return to work within a week.
Beyond the physical benefits, a mini face lift can also leave you feeling more confident in your appearance. As a result, a successful treatment can have a positive impact on both your professional and personal life.
Are You a Candidate?
As with any surgery, patients should be in good overall health and not taking any medications that can complicate surgery. Dr. Shagets may recommend a mini face lift if you are unhappy with:
- Sagging skin on the lower face and neck
- Double chin
- Facial wrinkles
- Fat deposits on the chin and neck
- Pronounced jowls
Cosmetic surgery should never be taken to please another individual. Patients should have a realistic understanding of what results can be gained from a mini face lift.
Procedure and Recovery
Before your surgery, you should stock a recovery room with comfortable clothes, medications, and plenty of liquids. That way, you can spend your entire recovery period recovering, rather than worrying about what you'll need. If you are prescribed pain medications, you can fill those prescriptions before your surgery, as well.
A mini face lift can be a positive and life-changing experience.
The first step during your mini face lift surgery is to use local anesthesia to numb the surgery area and ensure your comfort during the procedure. Dr. Shagets works with nurse anesthetists who can provide safe forms of sedation. Once you are comfortable, Dr. Shagets will make small incisions near predetermined areas. Using those incisions to access the skin and tissue underneath, he will then lift, reposition, and tighten the skin as needed. Any excess skin and tissue will be removed and the incisions will be sutured at the end of your surgery.
Most patients are able to return to work after one or two weeks. However, swelling and discomfort are commonly experienced in the days after surgery, so it is important that you rest during that time. Furthermore, you will also need to refrain from strenuous activities until Dr. Shagets is certain you won't pull your incisions or injure yourself.
Contact Our Office
A mini face lift can be a positive and life-changing experience. Our office offers CareCredit®, Prosper Financing, and Alphaeon Credit financing options to help patients afford treatment. To schedule your mini face lift consultation, please contact our office online or call (417) 623-5111.
“My results are fantastic. Dr. Shagets is a profectionist, which I love. He is very gentle and thorough. He even came in on a Saturday to check out a concern I had... it was only a stitch! I would highly recommend Dr. Shagets.” P.H. - verified patient