Facial Cosmetic Surgery Can Dramatically Improve Your Appearance
Frank W. Shagets, M.D. offers a wide variety of facial cosmetic surgery procedures in Joplin, MO, for patients who want to achieve more youthful, defined facial contours, or simply want to enhance the appearance of their nose, eyelids, or jawline. As a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Shagets demonstrates extreme skill and precision in cosmetic surgery and has been delivering excellent results for over 30 years. At Facial Aesthetic and Laser Centre, we are a fully accredited AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care) office held to the highest standards, which allows us to safely perform our procedures in-house. We also have several certified nurse anesthetists who are able to make our patients as comfortable as possible throughout their procedure.
What is Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
Patients who undergo facial cosmetic surgery can dramatically improve the balance of their features and reverse the signs of aging. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your face or neck, these procedure can help you address cosmetic concerns, such as:
- Fine lines around the eyes
- Wrinkles throughout the face
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- A tired-looking appearance
- Saggy or puffy eyelids
- Excess fat and loose skin
- Misshaped or large nose
- Protruding ears
Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures We Provide
During your initial consultation with Dr. Shagets, he will meet with you to discuss your overall cosmetic goals, treatments available, and the costs involved. He will design a treatment plan to meet your unique needs and answer any questions or concerns you may have to ensure you are at ease with the plan.
Our office features a fully accredited surgical center held to the highest standards, which allows us to safely perform facial cosmetic surgeries in-house.
At Facial Aesthetic and Laser Centre, we are committed to providing you comprehensive care and can combine a number of non-surgical and surgical procedures to help you achieve your desired results. Popular procedures include:
- Face Lift: This procedure can help patients improve the overall appearance and contours of the face, neck and jawline. We provide a mini, mid, and full face lift depending on your exact needs. This procedure can address moderate to severe wrinkles in the mid-face, as well the mouth and neck. It can also tighten weakened muscles and eliminate excess skin for a more youthful appearance. Dr. Shagets will discreetly make the incisions so that they blend in with your hairline or the natural creases of your face. The procedure typically takes about three to four hours and involves several weeks of recovery time.
- Brow Lift: Also referred to as a forehead lift, this procedure can address deep lines and wrinkles, as well as a furrowed and hooded brow to give you a more youthful and rested appearance. The procedure generally takes about one to two hours and you can resume normal activity in about two weeks.
- Blepharoplasty: Eyelid surgery can remove excess skin and fat from your upper and lower eyelids to give you a more alert and rejuvenated appearance. This procedure not only benefits patients' appearance by improving puffy, droopy, and tired-looking eyes, but it can also improve vision obscured by sagging eyelids. The procedure generally takes about one to two hours depending on the severity of the issues, with a one to two weeks recovery.
- Neck Lift: If loose skin and excess fat have contributed to a double chin and jowls, a neck lift can tighten tissue and give you a sleeker jawline. We can also combine chin implants to give you a more defined profile. The procedure generally takes two to three hours and you can resume normal activity within one to two weeks.
- Rhinoplasty: Also referred to as a nose job, this popular procedure can reshape the nostrils and bridge of the nose to give your face a more balanced appearance. It is often used to correct a deviated nose, as well as smooth bumps, improve overly wide or narrow nostrils, or eliminate a bulbous tip. The surgical procedure will last about one to two hours and recovery can take two to three weeks.
- Otoplasty: Often referred to as ear pinning, otoplasty is designed to address overly large or protruding ears. The procedure typically lasts between one to two hours and recovery takes about a week.
- Chin, Cheek, and Nose Implants: Dr. Shagets generally provides implants in combination with a facelift, neck lift, or nose job to improve harmony between your facial features.
- Lip Implants: In contrast to fillers, lip implants can achieve permanent effects. Dr. Shagets also offers fat grafting, a safe method to enhance the lips with no risk of rejection.
Schedule Your Facial Cosmetic Consultation
You deserve to feel wholly confident in your appearance. Contact our office online today or call (417) 623-5111 to schedule your facial cosmetic surgery consultation with Dr. Shagets.
“My results are fantastic. Dr. Shagets is a profectionist, which I love. He is very gentle and thorough. He even came in on a Saturday to check out a concern I had... it was only a stitch! I would highly recommend Dr. Shagets.” P.H. - verified patient