Frank W. Shagets is a renowned facial plastic surgeon serving patients in Joplin, MO, and the surrounding Four State Area. His skill and experience allow him to help patients achieve a more youthful or refined look, enhancing their own natural beauty through various non-surgical and facial plastic surgery procedures. His friendly, compassionate staff will be by your side throughout your appointments and treatments, ensuring your comfort. Dr. Shagets also works with several certified registered nurse anesthetists who can provide safe, effective methods of sedation. Our office based surgery center is fully accredited by the AAAHC, so you can rest assured you are receiving treatment in an advanced facility held to the highest standards in the industry. Dr. Shagets can perform all surgeries onsite, which allows for more discreet, convenient, and streamlined care. The Aesthetic Skincare Center, located within our office, offers a variety of non-invasive treatments to help prevent and treat the common signs of aging.
Our office based surgery center is fully accredited by the AAAHC, so you can rest assured you are receiving treatment in an advanced facility held to the highest standards in the industry.
Meet Dr. Shagets
Dr. Shagets has a long history of success. A Joplin native, he attended the United States Air Force Academy where he finished in the top 10 percent of his class. Dr. Shagets later received his medical degree from the St. Louis School of Medicine, followed by a residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Iowa. The doctor's decades of experience and education allow him to provide high quality, state-of-the-art medical care and facial plastic surgery to each patient in a safe, comfortable, and cost-effective manner.
- American Board of Otolaryngology, September 1982
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, October 1982
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Fraternity
- Surgeon's General Award of Outstanding Paper, "Facial Nerve Injury in Temporal Bone Trauma", Presented at the Society of Air Force Clinical Meeting, Colorado Springs, CO April 1980
- ABFPRS First Jack R. Anderson Award (Highest Score on American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery Board Exam)
- Past, Alternate Delegate, Board of Governors, American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation, Inc.
- Physician’s Recognition Award in Continuing Medical Education, American Association, May 1, 1991 – May 1, 1994
- Guest of Honor for Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, The Triological Society Western Section January 2012
“My results are fantastic. Dr. Shagets is a profectionist, which I love. He is very gentle and thorough. He even came in on a Saturday to check out a concern I had... it was only a stitch! I would highly recommend Dr. Shagets.” P.H. - verified patient