About Our Practice
Frank W. Shagets is a renowned facial plastic surgeon serving patients in Joplin, MO, and the surrounding Four State Area. His skill and experience allow him to help patients achieve a more youthful or refined look, enhancing their own natural beauty through various non-surgical and facial plastic surgery procedures. His friendly, compassionate staff will be by your side throughout your appointments and treatments, ensuring your comfort. Dr. Shagets also works with several certified registered nurse anesthetists who can provide safe, effective methods of sedation. Our office based surgery center is fully accredited by the AAAHC, so you can rest assured you are receiving treatment in an advanced facility held to the highest standards in the industry. Dr. Shagets can perform all surgeries onsite, which allows for more discreet, convenient, and streamlined care. The Aesthetic Skincare Center, located within our office, offers a variety of non-invasive treatments to help prevent and treat the common signs of aging.
Our office based surgery center is fully accredited by the AAAHC, so you can rest assured you are receiving treatment in an advanced facility held to the highest standards in the industry.
Meet Dr. Shagets
Discover the New You
Enhancing Your Natural Beauty
Finance Your Treatment
Most insurance companies do not contribute to elective cosmetic surgeries, which is why we offer CareCredit®, Prosper Financing, and Alphaeon Credit. These third-party companies offer low monthly payments and low-interest rates, so you can achieve your treatment goals without putting too much stress on your budget.
Certifications & Awards
- American Board of Otolaryngology, September 1982
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, October 1982
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Fraternity
- Surgeon's General Award of Outstanding Paper, "Facial Nerve Injury in Temporal Bone Trauma", Presented at the Society of Air Force Clinical Meeting, Colorado Springs, CO April 1980
- ABFPRS First Jack R. Anderson Award (Highest Score on American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery Board Exam)
- Past, Alternate Delegate, Board of Governors, American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation, Inc.
- Physician’s Recognition Award in Continuing Medical Education, American Association, May 1, 1991 – May 1, 1994
- Guest of Honor for Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, The Triological Society Western Section January 2012